During your detox cure - especially in the course of detoxification - you may experience unpleasant side effects. Tiredness and bloating are among the milder symptoms. Headaches or circulatory problems, on the other hand, can really affect your mood and restrict you physically. So that you are optimally prepared for these cases, we have put together a small emergency first-aid kit including instructions for use.
A detox is a powerful way to revitalize your body, mind and soul. However, like any change in life, a detox journey can also bring physical side effects. These are usually temporary and can be alleviated with targeted measures. During your detox cure, always make sure you drink enough fluids to flush out toxins. Gentle exercise such as a walk in the fresh air or yoga will support your circulation and blood flow. However, avoid intensive workouts so that your body has enough energy available for the detoxification process. If you still experience discomfort, use the following tips:
Alleviate side effects
For circulatory disorders or low blood pressure
Drink one to two cups of Ayurvedic energy drink a day. Boil 200 ml of water and add ¼ teaspoon of black pepper. Add 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger and lemon in winter and 10 leaves of mint in summer and enjoy the energy drink lukewarm.
For headaches and migraines
You can relieve headaches with products made from feverfew (capsules or tea) as well as passion flower (drops or tea). If you don't have any of these home remedies available, you can alternatively chew and swallow eight raisins with four black peppercorns slowly. To do this, place one peppercorn between two raisins and repeat this process two to three times a day.
Various measures can bring relief here. Decide for yourself which combination of foods (see below) is best for you and your dosha. Please note, however, that you should only eat stuffing foods once or twice a day to avoid putting even more strain on your gastrointestinal tract.
- Mix two tablespoons of yogurt with a banana
- Mash a banana with a little Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Mix one tablespoon of psyllium husks with two tablespoons of yogurt and a mashed banana
We have also put together various recipes for you for this type of complaint. Choose one and take the digestive mixture once a day.
- Soak two tablespoons of crushed linseed in warm water. After they have swollen for a while, you can eat the linseed and then drink the remaining liquid together with another glass of water.
- Soak a tablespoon of psyllium husks in warm milk, vegetable drink or hot water and consume.
- For severe constipation, you can stir two tablespoons of castor oil into warm cow's or plant milk and drink in small sips.
- Cut five dried plums into small pieces, boil them in water for five minutes and then puree them. A delicious laxative drink is ready.
A wide variety of processes take place in your body during a detox cure. Experience the changes consciously and with mindfulness, and give your body the time it needs to regain its balance.
Would you like to experience your detox cure in an extraordinary place of power in the middle of the Tyrolean mountains? Then find out about our unique offer at the European Ayurveda Resort Sonnhof!